Photo of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC. Most of the photo is shows a reflection in the shining granite of the memorial. The memorial has the names of those Americans killed during the war engraved into the face (which can be seen in the photo if you look closely).
If you look closely you can see a reflection of the Washington Monument.
Related: Arlington National Cemetery – Rice Drying on the Street, Hoi An, Vietnam – White House West Wing Entrance –
Ginkgo tree bearing fruit in Washington DC.
Inside of the Phillips Collection Museum in Washington DC with “Figure of the Oriental Theater,” by Paul Klee in the foreground and “Luncheon of the Boating Party” (1881) by Pierre-Auguste Renoir in the background.
The Phillips Collection, opened in 1921, is America’s first museum of modern art.
Related: Starry Night Over The Rhone by Vincent van Gogh – Self Portrait by Vincent van Gogh – Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat
These were the most popular photos on our blog last year (based on number of views):
- Marina Bay Sands: “Ocean Liner” Skyscraper, Singapore (posted on our blog in 2012)
Marina Bay Sands Casino, Singapore
- Statue of King Mankaure and His Queen, Egyptian art at Boston Museum of Fine Arts in USA (2011)
- Cypress Garden Swamp, South Carolina, USA (2011)
- Goat Skull Sculpture by Pablo Picasso, 1951 at the Museum of Modern Art, New York City, USA (2011)
- Bugatti Veyron on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, USA (2013)
- Candi Sewu, Yogyakarta, Indonesia (2012)
- Sunset over the Andaman Sea, Thailand (2011)
Sunset over Andaman Sea, Khao Lak, Thailand.
- Unicorn at the Singapore Zoo (2012)
- Bee on a Yellow Flower, Antelope Island, Utah (2010)
- Rose Garden at the White House, Washington DC, USA (2012)
All photos by John Hunter. Do not use photos without permission. I make some photos available via creative commons attribution. Please use that link to find photos that may be used and if you use them follow the requirements for attribution.
I think this areas is called the Leper King Terrace on the North end of the Terrace of the Elephants in the Angkor Thom complex, north of Bayon temple (Siem Reap, Cambodia). There is a narrow pathway that winds between the wall of the terrace.
Related: Buddhist Temple Adjacent to Bayon Temple – Bayon Temple, Siem Reap, Cambodia – Carving at Angor Wat